YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Disclosure to Outside Parties
- Privacy of Children
- Links to Other Websites
- Your Choices
- Quality Assurance
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Updates to this Policy
We always want to provide you with the best possible shopping experience and fulfill your orders exactly as you’ve requested. To do this, we collect information from you when you use and how you use our services.
An example of using our “services” is when you visit our website.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The information we collect from you is personal information. Personal information is any information that we can use to identify, locate, or contact you. We may collect and store your personal information when you provide it to us or to our service providers.
Some examples of personal information we collect and when we collect it include:
- Name, postal address, telephone number, email address, transaction information and credit card information when you place an order on our website.
- Transaction information about how you interact with us such as purchase history, when you make returns, or have your order delivered to your home.
- When you request that merchandise be sent to you or others we store billing and shipping information as a convenience to you for future purchases, and we will store information about your orders for order tracking and status retrieval purposes.
- When you purchase an item from us we will collect your financial information, such as your credit or debit card information, to process the payment.
We maintain the data that you provide us, along with a record of your purchases, in a secure database.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways, including:
- to respond to your requests regarding fulfillment of your order;
- to contact you with information about your order, send you email alerts, or to process and track your order;
- to communicate with you about orders, purchases, services, accounts;
- to respond to your customer service inquiries and requests for information;
- to post your comments or statements on our websites, with your permission;
- to inform you about our products, events, or other promotional purposes;
- to maintain and improve our website and the products and services we offer;
- to improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs).
- to detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or fraud; and to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
The information you provide to Slow Foot Movement LLC, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share your information in the following circumstances:
- When We Work with Service Providers – We may share your information with service providers that provide us with support services, such as credit card processing, website hosting, email delivery, postal mail processing and delivery, and analytics services. We require the companies to refrain from collecting, using and disclosing your information except when they are performing work for us or when the disclosure of your information is required by law.
As with most websites, we gather routine statistical information as visitors browse through our site. We use these statistics to make our site more useful to visitors and to improve the services we offer. We may share aggregate information—which does not contain personal information—with other organizations.
The security of your financial information (credit card type, number, and expiration date) are a primary concern of ours. Credit card information is collected confidentially and securely and is used only for your intended purpose.
We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected.
- When Sharing Helps Us Protect Lawful Interests – We may disclose your information if we believe that the disclosure is required by law, if we believe that the disclosure is
necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, or if we believe that the disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers or partners.
On rare occasions, we may disclose specific information upon governmental request, in response to a court order, or when required by law to do so. We may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation. We do not provide information to these agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes.
If we are requested by law enforcement officials or judicial authorities to provide personal information, we may do so.
In matters involving claims of personal or public safety or in litigation where the information is pertinent (including to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain), we may use or disclose personal information, including without court process.
We may use and disclose personal information to investigate security breaches or otherwise cooperate with authorities pursuant to a legal matter.
- When You Give Consent – We may share information about you with other companies if you give us permission or direct us to share the information.
You are not required to give us personal information when you visit our site. We may collect personally identifiable information (name, e-mail address, physical address, and other unique identifiers) only if you specifically and knowingly provide it. If we collect personally identifying information, we will use it only for such purposes as described at the point of collection.
WE DO NOT DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE PARTIES
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account with us has been compromised), please immediately contact us in accordance with the “Contact US” section below.
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN ON OUR WEBSITE
Slow Foot Movement LLC will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information on line from children under the age of 13 without first gaining consent from a parent or guardian. If your child sends us an e-mail request for information (such as information for a school project), we will respond using the e-mail provided, but we will not use it for future communications without the consent of the parent or guardian.
If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have collected information about a child, please contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section, below.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
As a service to our visitors, our website may contain links to other sites. Linked sites are not under the control of Slow Foot Movement LLC and we are not responsible for their privacy practices or the contents. A link to another site does not denote an affiliation with the website or an endorsement of its viewpoint or mission.
You can request the removal or modification of the personal information you have provided by sending an email to us under “Contact Us”. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity and obtain information on the context in which you provided your personal information before implementing your request. We will try to accommodate your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
By establishing a monetary relationship with Slow Foot Movement LLC, you agree that it is your responsibility to:
- Authorize, monitor, and control access to your credit or debit card.
- Promptly inform us of any need to deactivate an account by contacting us (See below).
If you want to change your information, cancel your account, or stop us from using your information, please contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section, below. We will make every effort to promptly respond to your request. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you ask us to delete your account, we generally retain and use your account information only as long as necessary to fulfill a business or law enforcement need.
QUALITY ASSURANCE FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE INTERACTIONS
To make sure we continue to offer the best service possible, your communication with Customer Service may be monitored for quality assurance.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
If you are our customer and a California resident:
We have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. However, in submission of any credit card information, we will of course submit such information to an appropriate third-party Merchant Account provider and by providing such credit card information, you expressly agree to such submission.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at any time via the contact information below.
For questions, comments or assistance, we invite you to contact us.
Slow Foot Movement LLC
5739 Julian Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46219